Moving from one location, building, or region to another is critical because one mistake can significantly impact the move. This is why many people are careful of the kind of move they organize and how it is conducted. Of course, one quality particular to a move is its demanding time, effort, or money.
However, the good news is its demands can be managed depending on how the move is organized and conducted. Many people looking to escape the demand of effort often organize a full-service move, hiring professional movers from a moving company to conduct the move. Likewise, a do-it-yourself move is an option to reduce monetary demands. Where the homeowner organizes and conducts the move on their own, although they can get help from friends and families.
Still, the option of a do-it-yourself move can prove tricky. It proves tricky because you might not achieve the primary reason for organizing the move (to reduce costs). This is why the movement needs to be organized and conducted correctly. The first step to conducting and organizing an excellent do-it-yourself move is renting a moving truck.
Renting a moving truck is beneficial to a do-it-yourself move in many ways, and some of these benefits include the following:
- You retain complete control of the move and your belongings: We can argue that hiring full-service movers also gives the homeowner complete control, but it is nothing like a do-it-yourself move. Renting a truck for a do-it-yourself move gives you complete control because you can organize the arrangements of boxes and items in the trucks. This will be convenient for you when unpacking into your new apartment.
- Pack at your own pace: With a truck rental, you can pack at your own pace without the pressure present in a full-service move. In a full-service move, the professionals and moving companies expect you to have all your belongings packed and arranged before their arrival, as they operate by the hour. Sometimes, this pressure can result in you misplacing or forgetting some of your belongings at your old place, prompting you to head back in search of that item. However, with a rented truck, it is a different case. Because you sort, pack and load your belongings at your own pace. Plus, you are afforded time to crosscheck packed belongings.
- Spending time with loved ones and friends: Do not view this as a weird benefit because time with friends and loved ones is something to value. Most times, you enjoy your experience of spending time with friends and loved ones as you all bond and catch up on lost moments. Hence, renting a truck for your move allows you to kill two birds with one stone. Because you get to spend time with your friends and loved ones, and you conduct the move with people you can trust.
- Budget-friendly: As mentioned earlier, renting a truck (which is a tip for organizing a do-it-yourself move) helps reduce the monetary demand of a move. This is because you only pay for the truck rather than the labor needed for the move. Hence, you can conduct a do-it-yourself move with a defined budget by renting a truck.
It is essential to mention that the benefits outlined above are conditioned, and the condition is to choose or rent the correct/ideal truck. Knowing how to rent the ideal truck for your move is essential, especially when you are new to truck rentals. There are top-notch tips to guide you when renting trucks, and this article outlines them below. They are:
- Determine the truck’s size: There is no two-way about it, double trips can compete with the cost of hiring full-service movers, and the reason for double trips is when the truck cannot contain the belongings to be transitioned. Hence, it is essential to determine the correct truck size for your move to avoid double trips. Please note that the size of your belongings influences the truck size; thus, you must sort out your belongings before choosing a truck. It would help if you did away with belongings that are no longer useful as they increase your belonging’s size and cost you more money.
- Seek the most straightforward alternative: This tip is in consideration with the saying, “Sometimes, the simplest option is the best option.” When we describe an excellent truck rental experience, it has no hurdles or challenges. Hence, it is best to avoid any truck rental on the Gold Coast that puts you through stress and hurdles. An example of stress and hurdles a truck rental company can put you through requires you to pick up a truck at a location farther from you than your schedule.
- Be safe: Choosing the correct truck size and searching for simple alternatives are aspects of being safe, but there is more you can do to be safe when renting a truck. Before renting a truck, you should consider factors like
- The kind of license needed to drive the truck
- The truck’s state. Check if it is in excellent working condition.
- The presence of additional features makes the truck use more convenient. Features like large mirrors make it easy to reverse when driving. A tail lift makes loading heavy items into the truck easier.
- Consider who is going to drive the truck.
In most cases, you are advised to opt for automatic trucks as they are easier to operate even without proper experience in truck driving.
- Correctly review the rental contract: The contract contains details of the rented truck, the rental period, and the terms and conditions for renting the truck. You are implored to read the terms and conditions of the rental contract carefully, so it is in your best interest. The idea behind renting a truck is to rent the truck for more extended periods than what you anticipate the move to take. This is because surprises are regular in a move, as they cannot be avoided; thus, renting for extended periods allows you to manage the surprises when they pop up.
- Consider the cost of renting a truck: Shopping for a truck rental company is similar to shopping for any other commodity or service; thus, comparison shopping should be a strategy you adopt. Comparison shopping involves comparing the prices between more than one company or professional providing a service or selling a commodity. Hence, renting a truck without comparing prices is risky because the chances are you are being offered a low-quality service for an increased price. Plus, you might need help finding a price that suits your budget.
The right truck hire offers many benefits, as outlined in this article, but finding the right truck can take time and effort. Thankfully, this article has also suggested tips to help your search for the right truck rental company. However, the wide competition in the Gold Coast can prove discouraging; thus, Budget Truck Rentals are here to help to make your search easier. They fit every description outlined in this article and more.